Sometimes you just need a fresh salad pick-me-up…filled with nutrients, vitamins, fiber, and COLOR!
With any salad, just throw together plenty of vegetables, a healthy fat (i.e. hemp seeds, walnuts, a little cheese, or avocado), and a drizzle of an oil-based dressing, and you’re good to go! Pair it with fresh fish or grilled chicken for the perfect macronutrient-packed meal.
- 1.5 cups fresh romaine or butter lettuce
- 4-5 small radishes, sliced thin
- ⅓ cucumber, chopped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 TBSP walnuts
- 1 TBSP freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Dressing of choice
- Assemble all ingredients onto a bowl or plate and drizzle with dressing of choice.
Vary the colors on your plate every day, the more colorful your diet, the healthier it usually is! Fresh, frozen fruits and vegetables provides plenty of essential nutrients, fiber, and phytochemicals, important for keeping your body healthy.
Usually add the same mix to your salads? Try something new. Try switching out tomatoes for red peppers, hemp seeds instead of walnuts, or try making your own homemade dressing. The options when it comes to salads are COUNTLESS!