These are hard to stop eating after just one or two…may have to pack them up in their own ziploc bags for the week to take as snacks on-the-go!
Need I say more? These balls of energy are filled with the perfect combo of balanced macros (that’s short for the 3 macronutrients–carb, fat, and protein) to give you the energy you need to get through that 3pm slump…but without the sugar crash.
Serves: 12-18 balls
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Nuts n' More Birthday Cake flavored Peanut Butter--*noted this brand has added whey protein in it therefore it is not vegan. Use pure peanut butter for vegan option)
- 3 TSBP chia seeds
- 2 cups GF-certified rolled oats
- ⅓ cup sugar-free maple syrup (can use real maple syrup)
- dash cinnamon
- dash sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP raw cacao nibs
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- dash almond milk (*only add if mixture is too dry)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend well until dough is formed.
- Roll dough into small bite-sized balls and set aside until all dough is used.
- If batter is too dry, add a small amount of almond milk to soften.
- Let set in fridge and enjoy!
These snacks are filled with fiber and whole grains from the gluten-free certified oats, omega-3s, healthy fatty acids for brain health and heart health from the chia seeds, and savory peanut butter (made with added whey protein) for hunger-busting protein power. Carbs, protein, and healthy fats=the perfect trio in a snack to keep you full and satisfied! These bites are also perfect to satisfy that sweet tooth when you’re craving dessert. Pop one or two of these after dinner and you won’t need to reach for that ice cream!