Meal prepping made easy….I helped my boyfriend make a big batch of chicken fajitas packed with alll the veggies and his own homemade cilantro sauce for his meals throughout the week! I snagged a bite or two and these are DEFINTELY going to go into the weekly rotation.
When it comes to meal prepping, pick a few basics you can use throughout the week in a variety of ways. In this case: grilled chicken tenders, cauliflower rice, sauteed peppers/onion/corn/beans, and some sides of fresh greek yogurt cilantro sauce. That way you can make your own combos throughout the week! Try it all mixed into a bowl as shown here one day, and the next add to a corn tortilla or collard green wrap for some variety and freshness.
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders
- 1 heaping TBSP jerk marinade sauce
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can corn
- 1 can beans (kidney or black work well)
- CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 TBSP sirarcha sauce
- 2 TBSP tamari or GF soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small container Fage greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 packed handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic clove
- In a large ziploc bag, add chicken tenders and jerk sauce ( + salt and pepper) to marinate for 2 hours.
- As chicken is almost done marinating, chop up onions, peppers, cauliflower and rain corn and beans and set aside.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces and add to food processor, process until 'rice'-like pieces are formed.
- Add rice and sesame oil to sauté pan and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add apple cider vinegar, sirarcha, tamari, and stir. Add to cauliflower rice and continue to cook for 8 minutes. Once almost done cooking, add two eggs and scramble throughout mixture. Add extra tamari to taste. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add chopped peppers, onion, olive oil, and sprinkle with ½ tsp of fajita seasoning. Add salt and pepper and sauté on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until soft and beginning to char.
- In another large skillet, add 1 TBSP olive oil and add chicken tenders. Sprinkle with packet of fajita seasoning until covered.
- Sauté chicken until cooked thoroughly (about 10 minutes on low-medium heat).
- Once peppers and onions are almost cooked, add drained and rinsed beans and corn to mixture and stir.
- Once everything is done and cooled, separate into 4-5 different containers with each divided of cauliflower rice, sautéed veggies, and chicken.
- To make the sauce, add all sauce ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust as necessary. Add to small containers and drizzle upon eating.
Meal prepping is SUCH a huge tool for success when it comes to eating heathy, I can’t stress it enough. Having healthy, ready-to-eat food at home is key to avoiding unhealthier options when you are hungry. Keep fresh fruit, homemade bliss balls, raw nuts, oatmeal, and yogurt in plain view for when snack cravings arise and you’re more likely to eat them rather than whatever is available. Have healthy meals ready and you’re more likely to stick with a healthy diet!
Feel free to make this recipe your own! Not a fan of chicken? Swap it out for lean grass-fed beef or go totally veggie! Add sliced avocado on top for freshness one day, add salsa the next, add small fresh touches to keep you from getting bored. 🙂 Happy meal prepping!