I love mashed potatoes. Warm, creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. But having mashed potatoes all the time isn’t the healthiest choice. So here is the perfect healthy recipe makeover from Angela Liddon from “Oh She Glows“. Filled with creamy sweet potato, cauliflower, and carrots, which are all full of fiber and vitamins. The best way to get some extra veggies into your day!
To make these super creamy, make sure you cook the vegetables until nice and tender, then blend in a food processor with vegan butter for the ultimate creamy deliciousness.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-3 TBSP vegan butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, and cauliflower to a large pot of boiling water. Cook for ~12-14 minutes until tender and soft.
- As vegetables are cooking, roast garlic in a saute pan with the olive oil for a few minutes until browning.
- Once vegetables have cooked, drain and let cool for a minute or two.
- Add roasted garlic, butter, salt, pepper, and vegetables to a food processor and blend until smooth and whipped.
- Top with pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
I hope everyone had a safe and healthy new year! Here’s to a healthy, happy 2017. 🙂